// - 12:am
- 9 a.m. -11:30 a.m.: Community Scholars meet at Black Belt Treasures in Camden . Others may visit the gift shop/gallery at their convenience. 209 Claiborne Street.
- Noon: Community Scholars, AFA members and guests meet at Gaines Ridge Dinner Club, 933 Highway 10 East, for buffet lunch and a talk by Dr. Amalia Amaki, “The Quilts of Gee’s Bend as Objects of Visual Study” with an introduction by Betty Anne Lloyd on quilting as a Gee's Bend community tradition. Cost of lunch: $15)
To reserve space at the Gainesridge Dinner Club, e-mail or call Jackie Ely: Jackie.Ely@arts.alabama.gov or 334-242-4076, ext. 234.
- 2:00: Ferry leaves for Gee’s Bend . (Fare: $3 for car and 1 rider; walk-ons and additional riders $1 each)
- 2:45 Visit Gee’s Bend and her famous quilters
- 4 p.m.: End of program. More touring and socializing encouraged.
Days Inn of Camden , 39 Camden Bypass, (334) 682-4555
$49.99 per night (10% off to AFA members)
Southern Inn, 40 Camden Bypass, (334) 682-4148
$47.50 plus tax